Wednesday, September 24, 2008

PLDT myDSL connection

hi, just acquired my PLDT DSL Plan 999 connection. The speed is up to 1.5 mbps, as what PLDT promised. But in the first days of use, I've checked my internet connection and the speed was very slow. It is only 200-300 kbps in speedtest.net. So i reported it to PLDT customer service, and after two weeks of follow-up, calling them.. day, noon and even in the evening, finally, one day, a PLDT technician called. He said the he already refresh our 'DSL line' and then told me to try to check my internet connection again. I was shocked.. 1.6mbps! It even surpass my DSL spped limit. Well, all in all, I think PLDT service has done a good, (not great) job for me. So for those of you who are in trouble with PLDT DSL, my advice is that don;t give up on calling them until they did their job. By the way, I've got ENCORE ENHWI-G2 wireless router setup for my laptop aside from my Zyxel DSL modem. At first I was really having a difficult time to set it up but now it is confiured and its very stable. Next post will be my configuration of my Zyxel p-600 ASL modem and ENCORE ENHWI-G2 wireless router.

No comments: